Sunday, July 19, 2015

7-14-15
Today we came to a museum, we learned about the new berry volcano, about 70 million years ago Oregon was covered by seas and see life like branchiopods, corals, sponges and ammonites. I enjoyed being there because he did talk about how the volcano was formed. We went on a hike to see the side of the volcano, it was kind of hard but I was sleepy the day we did it so I was slow, the view at the end of the trail was cool. I enjoyed the walk in the lava tube, its 50 feet tall and a mile long, I was walking in it with a friend, my cousins where running though it fast and they tripped a couple times, otherwise we found out that there was another cave in it. It was easy to get through it. After all that we went back to the camp and had dinner, right after dinner I went to sleep.

7-15-15

We talked to a guy named Howard and he was talking about the treaty and fish, the anadromous fish are fall Chinook salmon, spring Chinook salmon, sockeye salmon (threated), summer steal head. The resident fish are rainbow trout, bull trout (threatened). It was a good talk, the view from the building was beautiful, and you could see the 3 sisters from it. He was going to fast on his power point and I didn’t get to take a lot of notes down. After we got done talking with him we got to walk around the town for about an hour got to check out the stores and it was cool, I seen stuff that I have never heard of and new things. I tried a pop and candy from japan and it was good, the pop was really good and the candy was different but I enjoyed it, can’t wait to give my family some of that candy to see what they think of it, everyone who I shared it with thought it was weird too. We went back to camp after that and had dinner, did the dishes and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment